The C.O.Y.C.H is a Sports Club, one of our goals is to train sailors and bring them to the highest level. At the same time, we develop sailing school, club and leisure school activities. We are also organizers of numerous nautical events (regattas from the departmental criterium to the International regattas).
Yacht Club created in 1982, affiliated to the French Sailing Federation, approved by the Ministry of Youth and Sport, endowed with the labels French School of Sailing, Leisure Sailing, Team of Club and Competition Team, the C.O.Y.C.H it is:
* 735 licensed in 2015
* 4 dynamic sections: Cruisers, Dinghies, Multihulls, Optimists.
* The practice of competition at all levels and the implementation of regular training (sports schools) supervised by high-level athlete coaches.
* Significant sporting results with many Champions and numerous titles.
* A stable management team, composed of devoted and competent volunteers, very present at the club and on all organized regattas.
* Qualified technical staff and secretarial staff organize COYCH activities throughout the year. They are supported by a team of young part-time instructors.
* Organization of major nautical events.
* A structure for teaching sailing on five supports (Optimist, Laser, Hobie Cat Dragoons, HC 16 and Surprises) yearly and seasonally within the framework of the French Sailing School.
The training sessions and sports schools are held on Wednesdays and weekends, they are supervised by qualified coaches and often of high level. They are practiced in Optimist, Laser 4.7, radial and standard, Hobie cat and First class 8 but also in Melges 24 because 4 boats of this class are stationed in Hyères.
These regular trainings have brought many COYCH members to the top of the podium and outstanding performances such as a triple victory (2005, 2007 and 2012) at the Tour de France à la Voile.